While we march onward through COVID, this will be the place I post daily reflection prompts, activities and games to play at home, and other counseling tid-bit. Let's jump into it and make connections from home! Make sure to scroll down to see mindfulness bedtime stories, games to play at home, and more.
Want to check-in with Mr. Ward? Email anytime to set up a Zoom call. It is especially important right now that we rely on our community. Know that I am here for any problem, big or small, and am more than happy to talk. Just like it would be at school. ** If you need immediate help for you or a loved one, scroll down to find multiple links and phone numbers to find you help. All resources keep your information confidential and are safe to use.
I have started to make my reflections into video format! Follow the links below to connect via video, and share with other families and friends. Make a video of your own, draw a picture, take a picture, sing a song, do a dance, connect with myself and with others on the Padlet as well!
Looking for something peaceful to reflect to? Missing the great outdoors? Think outside the box and watch these animal live stream videos!
Resources for Parents (you're doing a GREAT job!):
- Tips to Start the School year Off Right: file:///C:/Users/kward/Desktop/Corona-Cats%2020-21/Tips%20to%20Start%20School%20Year.pdf
- https://bedtime.fm/peaceout -> Mindfulness bedtime stories!
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P3Deuv8tbc -> Mindful Walking. Don't neglect your emotions and feelings. Take time everyday to help your kids get in tune with themselves. It will increase happiness in the home!
- "Parenting Through Covid-19" from UW (follow this ginormous
- Self-Compassion: It all starts here. Are you being kind to yourself during this pandemic? It is almost impossible to love those around us if we do not feel that we are enough, that we are connected, or that we are deserving of love. Take some time to think about self-compassion at the beginning of each day:
- Helping Kiddos with ADHD https://www.additudemag.com/feeling-depressed-adhd-youth-quarantine/
- Explore this website for more help with kiddos who struggle with ADD. For parents and kids who have ADD, Dysgraphia, Dyslexia, Autism, Down syndrome, or anything else, remember that you are never alone, (even in quarantine!), there are so many others' in this with you!
- Wide Open School: https://wideopenschool.org/
TONS of resources for families with topics like scheduling, emotional well-being, activities for home, and more!
- Center for Healthy Minds: https://centerhealthyminds.org/well-being-toolkit-covid19 - Great resources for kids and families to access during this time.
Media Influences and Inspirations during Quarantine: https://flipgrid.com/ward2932
Love Languages: https://flipgrid.com/cb60a7cc
Games and Brain Breaks:
These games are brought to you by an organization I worked for in Boston called Playworks. They rock. Follow the links to learn how to play:
This is a warm-up is called "Shake it Up, Shake it Down." Great to start the day with!
This is a game called "Crack the Code."
This is a game called "Popcorn."
This is a game called "One Step Back."
You can find many games like these on Playwork's YouTube Channel, found via the links above.
Mindfulness, Meditation and Online Therapy:
List of Free Mindfulness Resources: https://www.theawakenetwork.com/free-online-meditation-resources-for-the-time-of-social-distancing/
Abide App: https://abide.co/
Headspace App (FREE RIGHT NOW!): https://www.headspace.com/ -> Find them on YouTube as well! https://www.youtube.com/user/Getsomeheadspace
REAL Therapy (FREE for one month): https://www.join-real.com/real-to-the-people --> Great for parents, too!
The Art of Living: https://event.us.artofliving.org/us-en/hcp-online-wellness-program/
Coaches for Good: (Half hour, FREE): https://www.coaches4good.org/?fbclid=IwAR1iJTAbLC8VjcJR9fCD6153xDA0LtTAwDAna9U2pdcYRJUPfRxTi1LiZBo
Resources and Printables to help with Home Schooling:
Games, what to do when I'm bored, (with and without siblings!), and daily to-do lists:
Stay at Home Care Package: https://biglifejournal.com/blogs/blog/stay-at-home-printable-pack-families
Check it out, the KIND Challenge! Follow this link to look back on the KIND Challenge activities.
During this time, we can be particularly mindful of how we inspire others towards acts of kindness! If you have any fun pictures of yourself doing an act of kindness, getting fresh air, or creatively exercising your mental health, send them my way!