These points are meant to serve as a more concise interpretation of the St. Catherine Uniform Policy as defined by the St. Catherine School Commission and the Dennis Uniform catalog. All uniform styles are to be similar to the styles in the Dennis Uniform catalog if not purchased from Dennis. Some stores may change styles in their “uniform” departments and may not comply with our dress codes.
- Preschoolers do not wear uniforms.
- Students are to maintain a neat, clean, well groomed and modest appearance with properly fitting clothing.
- Uniforms are to be worn daily unless a Free-Dress Day or Dress-Up Day is scheduled. Free-Dress Day is a day designated by the principal, where the students may wear attire other than the uniform. This includes jeans and tee shirts but in all cases, dress must be appropriate. Dress-Up Day is a day designated by the principal, where the students may wear attire other than the uniform. This does not include jeans and tee shirts.
- Full uniform is skirts, skorts, jumpers or slacks for girls, slacks for boys, and sweaters or sweatshirts worn with shirts. This more formal Full Uniform may be required to be worn on specified days, such as School Mass days. All students need to have a Full Uniform available for these times.
- Jacket/coats and non-uniform sweatshirts are not to be worn in class and those worn to school are to be free of inappropriate logos, graphics or phrasing.
- White shirts are to have no logo or emblem.
- Skirts are to be kept at a modest length and no more than two inches above the knee. Shorts and skorts are also to be kept at a modest length.
- Slacks are to fit neatly at the waist and correctly sized to avoid bagging, sagging, or dragging at the cuff. Baggy pants, hip huggers, bell bottoms and cargo pants are not acceptable. Slacks should be “uniform” style. Slacks for the middle school students are to be traditional khaki color.
- Hair should be neatly combed, appropriately groomed and void of coloring or styling that is distracting.
- Makeup, perfume, cologne and nail polish are not to be worn.
- Jewelry can be worn but is limited to one watch, one small post earring in each ear, one finger ring, and one lightweight metallic necklace (primarily to hold a religious medallion).
- Socks are to be visible and worn above the ankle.
- Tennis shoes should be worn on days scheduled for Physical Education. If girls choose to wear jumpers or skirts on P.E. days, short should be worn underneath.
- Hats are not to be worn on campus but may be worn to and from school.
- Shirts are to be kept tucked in, belts in belt loops, and shoelaces tied.
For this policy to serve its purpose and to be of value to our community, it is incumbent upon our staff, parents, and students to support the intent of these guidelines. Questions regarding interpretation should be directed to the principal for final disposition.
- Used Uniform Sales are scheduled regularly. A good selection of jumpers, skirts, shirts, etc. are available at extremely reasonable prices.
- The Uniform Store (Dennis Uniform)
12608 Interurban Ave. S.
Tukwila, WA 98168
- Uniform logo sweatshirts are only available from from The Uniform Store, Custom I.D. and Land’s End.
- Basic uniform items may be purchased from many vendors as long as they meet St. Catherine uniform guidelines. These vendors may include:
We sell scrip for all the following stores except Target:
- Old Navy
- Land’s End
- The Gap- note khakis should be the “chino” color
- JC Penney’s